The Hotel “Casa del Siglo XVI” (Home of the XVIth Century) currently heads the prestigious list of the country’s top hotels, a listing prepared by the online magazine Jet Setter.
The hotel is actually a collection of mini-hotels built in a restored 16th century home situated in Santo Domingo’s historic Colonial Zone.
These old houses maintain their original colonial style.
The population also comments on the following facilities in the country:
- Casa de Campo. Jet Setter states that the world-class resort is “more than a resort, it is an experience” and mentions its impressive sports facilities, equestrian center, shooting range and, most importantly, its three internationally renowned golf courses. Also highlighted is its Altos de Chavon Amphitheater, a replica of a 15th century Mediterranean village, a favorite stage for national and international artists.
- Eden Rock. This Relais & Châteaux facility, situated in Cap Cana – on the country’s easternmost region – is an exclusive community situated in Punta Cana. The resort features exclusive villas, hotels, world-class beaches, a Jack Nicklaus golf course, and a marina.
- Amanera. This super luxury hotel, operated by Aman Resorts, features 24 exclusive and independent two-bedroom villas, overlooking the majestic Atlantic Ocean and the breathtaking kilometer-long Playa Grande beach. The area is truly a Caribbean paradise.
- The Westin Punta Cana. Jet Setter says the hotel stands on a three-mile white sand beach, situated in the world-famous Puntacana Resorts & Club.
- Tortuga Bay. This is the most luxurious of all boutique hotels in the Puntacana Resort & Club, and the one that has received the most international awards. The complex features 13 luxury villas overlooking the sea, which can also be reserved as suites or villas.
- Casa Bonita Tropical Lodge. This small lodge, says Jet Setter, “gives the overall sensation of privacy and intimacy. The 12-room lodge offers guests stunning views of the nearby sea and mountains.”
- Luca Hotel. Situated in the heart of Santo Domingo’s historic Colonial Zone, the hotel offers comfortable rooms that overlook colonial-style gardens. The hotel is decorated with beautiful art work by Dominican artists, and several of the original colonial walls are exposed”.
- Zoetry Agua Punta Cana. Says Jet Setter: “This is the perfect place to scape all problems,” overlooking the sea, with a pool “that surrounds the entire property.”