Two of Santo Domingo’s top restaurants, and one local bar, all situated in the city’s Colonial Zone, received top honors for their excellent cuisine and services.
“Jalao” Restaurant (Best Dominican Cuisine), “Pat’e Palo” (Best International Cuisine) and “Lulú Tasting Bar” were recognized for their excellent menus and services during the “Dominican Gastronomy 2016” Festival.
The awards were sponsored by the Association of Hotels and Tourism of the Dominican Republic (ASONAHORES) and the Ministry of Tourism, and organized by the gastronomic marketing agency Creato.
During this third festival, the winners were chosen through the personal opinions presented by tourism and gastronomic experts.
The goal of the event is to promote the development and growth of the Dominican gastronomic industry.
List of Winners:
- “Jalao” (Colonial Zone, Santo Domingo)
- “Pat’e Palo” (Best International Cuisine Restaurant – Colonial Zone, Santo Domingo)
- W. Marriott (Best Hotel Cuisine – Santo Domingo)
- Paradisus Palma Real Punta Cana (Best Resort Cuisine – Punta Cana)
- Wendy’s (Best Fast-Food Restaurant – Santo Domingo)
- “De la Casa Pastelería” (Best Pastry Shop – Santo Domingo)
- “Lulú Tasting Bar” (Best Bar - Colonial Zone, Santo Domingo)
- Ambrosía (Best Catering Service – Santo Domingo)
- “El Catador” (Best Specialty Store)
- Alberto Martin (Best Chef – Hotel JW Marriott)
- Saverio Stassi (Best Restaurant Manager – “Pat’e Palo”)
- Rafael Aguero (Best Sommelier – Bottega Fratelli – Santo Domingo)
- Geronimo Hernandez (Best Bartender – “Dolcerie” – Santo Domingo)
- Jacqueline Henríquez (Best Gastronomic Career)
- Hostelería News (Best Gastronomic Publication – Monthly Magazine)
- “Ruta Gourmet” (Best Online Gastronomic Publication)
- ”Fundación Sabores Dominicanos” (Best Gastronomic Initiative)
During the awards ceremony, organizers announced that the “Taste Santo Domingo 2017” fair will be held March 15-18, 2017, in the Foreign Ministry’s Convention Center.