The Dominican Republic, through its Ministry of Tourism, will participate in at least 56 tourism-related fairs during 2015.
Although the country will continue to have an important presence in the South America and U.S.tourism markets, during the upcoming year it will focus primarily on the European market which last year accounted for over 27% of all tourists who visited the Dominican Republic through the country’s international airports.
The Ministry announced that it plans to participate in 34 European fairs and in nine of the most important tourism events in North America, a market which last year accounted for more than 57% of all tourists visiting the D.R.
In South America – the region which has experienced the most important growth in recent years (a 17% jump during 2014 in comparison to 2013) – the Ministry is expected to participate in 12 fairs.
In January 2015 the D.R. will participate in the Fitur Fair, one of the largest tourism fairs in the world (January 28 to February 1), and in the Vakantie Beurs, scheduled in Utrecht, Netherlands. It will also participate in the following events:
• Vacances Hall, February 5-9, Brussels
• The Boston Globe Travel Show, February 6-8, Boston
• BIT Milano, February 12-14, Milan, Italy
• Travel Odyssey & Vacation Expo, February 15, Philadelphia
• Holiday World, February 19-22, Prague
• ANATO, February 25-27, Bogota
• BTL, February 25-March 1, Lisbon
• ITB Berlin, March 4-8, Berlin
• FIT Bolivia, March 9-15, La Paz
• Intourmarket, March 14-17, Moscow
• MITT, March 18-21, Moscow
• TUR, March 19-22, Gothenburg
• Meedex, March 24-25, Paris
• UITT, March 25-27 Kiev
• BMT, March 26-28, Naples
• Workshop CVC, Brazil, March, Sao Paulo