The Hotel Occidental El Embajador, situated in the very heart of Santo Domingo, was the first prize winner of the Taste Santo Domingo 2014 contest.
The event, held recently in Santo Domingo, recognized the hotel’s excellent food services and client service by issuing first place awards in the Best Food Category, Best Catering Service and its head chef as the Best Chef of the event.
The event was sponsored by the Association of Hotels and Tourism of the Dominican Republic (ASONAHORES). The list of winners:
• Dominican Cuisine Restaurant Category: “Tipico Bonao” Restaurant, in the city of Bonao, situated one hour north of Santo Domingo.
• International Cuisine Restaurant Category: “Pat’e Palo” Restaurant, in the Colonial Section, Santo Domingo.
• Hotel Cuisine: Hotel Occidental El Embajador, Santo Domingo.
• Resort Cuisine: Paradisus Palma Real, Punta Cana.
• Casual Restaurant: Chef Pepper, Santo Domingo.
• Pastry Category: “Cuchara de Madera,” Santo Domingo.
• Bar: Arturo Fuente Cigar Club, Santo Domingo.
• Catering Services: Embajador Gourmet Restaurant, Occidental El Embajador Hotel.
• Winery: “La Viña del Catador,” Santo Domingo.
• Head Chef: Alberto Martin, Occidental El Embajador Hotel.
The Taste Santo Domingo contest is the capital city’s most important culinary event. The event brings together national and international experts on the food industry in the Dominican Republic.
Spanish Chef Mikel Alonso, Colombian chef Jorge Rausch, and Pablo Baños, the representative from the company that publishes the list of Latin America’s 50 top restaurants.
Taste Santo Domingo recognizes the best of Dominican cuisine, both in the cities as well as in the country’s many resorts and hotels.