In 2013 the excellent qualities of Dominican cigars were distinguished when eleven of the world’s top 25 cigars made it to the much-awaited list put together by “Cigar Aficionado” magazine.
The important magazine reveals that the cigar factories in the Dominican Republic produce 44% of the world’s top 25 cigars. All cigars included on the list received scores greater than 92%.
The eleven tobacco companies included in the list are:
1. Anging Room Quattro F55 Concerto
2. Davidoff Nicaragua Toro
3. Arturo Fuente Don Carlos No.2
4. Gurkha 125th Anniversary XO
5. Ashton Virgin Sun Grown Spellbound
6. Fuente Fuente OpusX Super Belicoso
7. La Flor Dominicana Oro Chisel
8. Fernando León Family Reserve Belicoso
9. Nat Sherman Timeless Collection Divino
10. La Palina Classic Toro
11. Romeo by Romeo y Julieta Toro en Tubo.
Others included on this list are ten cigars from Nicaragua, three from Cuba and one from Honduras.
The list clearly positions the Dominican Republic as the leading manufacturer of quality cigars in the world.
“Cigar Aficionado” explained that in order to choose the 25 best cigars in the world, the magazine’s editors tested more than 700 cigars. The labels were removed from each cigar, in order to provide fair and transparent results. For more information, please visit: www.cigaraficionado.com/top25/show.