This cultural festival, also known as the “The Long Night of the Museums,” will be held on Saturday, December 8, in various cities of the Dominican Republic. Twenty local museums will open from 9:00 a.m. until midnight.
The festivities will include a cultural adventure into music, theater, dance, various workshops on cultural issues, guided tours, and presentation of various scenes depicting colonial times in Santo Domingo.
Museums from Santo Domingo’s colonial section, from the city’s Cultural Plaza, as well as museums from the cities of Santiago, Puerto Plata and La Romana, are expected to participate.
The Ministry of Culture has been organizing this festival since 2008. The event has grown each year, with the introduction of multiple events. The goal is for both Dominicans and international visitors to enjoy the country’s museums and local culture.
• Museum of the 19th Century Dominican Family
• Fortress of Santo Domingo
• “Trampolin” Children’s Museum
• “Museo de las Casas Reales”
• Diego Columbus Museum
• Colonial City Hall Museum
• Dominican Telecommunications Museum
• Image Center
• Inventory Center
Museums in Santo Domingo’s Cultural Plaza
• Museum of Modern Art
• Museum of the Dominican Man
• Natural History Museum
Others in Santo Domingo
• Columbus Lighthouse
• Bellapart Museum
• Eduardo León Jimenes Cultural Center
• San Felipe Colonial Fortress
• Archaeological Museum