Punta Cana, one of the Caribbean’s most important tourism destinations, is mentioned in the Travelers Chic 2011, along with other important destinations singled out by the more than 40 million followers of the TripAdvisor website.
This particular on-line site lists the most popular international resorts, according to the website’s followers. According to TripAdvisor “Punta Cana is the Caribbean’s perfect postcard destination, boasting more than 37 kilometers of white-sand beaches, majestic coconut trees and more than 35 resorts (which, by law, cannot be taller than a palm tree).
European tourists discovered this destination many years ago, and now Americans are catching up. In this perfect and easy to get to tropical hide-away, the great majority of visitors stay in all-inclusive resorts. The city itself is not a tourist attraction; the main objective in Punta Cana is to simply lay-back and relax in one of the region’s outstanding beaches. The ‘all-inclusive’ contemporary resorts offer all sorts of inside and outside activities, including organized tours to important local attractions.
The following are references made regarding Punta Cana in the 2011 awards:
• Eighth position among the world’s top 25 beaches
• Sixth position in the selection of the 10 best beaches in the Caribbean and Mexico
• Eighth best destination in the Caribbean and Mexico
Top rated hotels in Punta Cana:
• Turtle Bay (boutique hotel)
• Iberostar Grand Bavaro Hotel (all-inclusive)
• Gran Bahia Principe Esmeralda
• Secrets Sanctuary Cap Cana
• Zoetry Agua Punta Cana